Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

First Attempt at Capturing the Milky Way

The Milky Way



    After all this time, I finally managed to get my hands on a DSLR camera. It's a Canon EOS Rebel T5 1200D. I'm very pleased with how it performs. So this was my first attempt at getting a clear shot of the Milky Way. It worked out pretty well! I hope to spend more time with the camera in order to get more familiar with it, and as a result, get even better shots.

   This shot was taken at ISO 6400, f3.5, at 30 seconds. You can notice some slight star trailing on the right side of the photo, so my exposure was slightly too long. I'll definitely be having another go at this soon, Ill try a slightly lower aperture to reduce noise, and I also would like to attempt at getting a good star trail image.

No comments:

Post a Comment